Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Call Mgr. 3.1 Upgrade

I see in the notes, that CM 3.1 upgrade has been from a 3.08 system & higher.

Would you suspect any problems with a 3.07 system upgrading to 3.1?

Thanks in advance,

Chris Buckingham

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
3 REPLIES

Re: Call Mgr. 3.1 Upgrade

Since the release notes say 3.0.8 or higher, go to that first. If you go from 3.0.7 you might have problems. (Talk to Cisco TAC to be sure.)

I agree.

It doesn't seem like there is that much of a differance between 3.0.7 & 3.0.8.....

It just means that I have to spend that much more time finilizing a 3.1 upgrade, which in turn costs the customer more dollars.

There was no major reason (in this case) to upgrade from 3.0.7 until 3.0.11 came out.

By the time that decision was made, our Cisco Rep announced the 3.1 release to be within a month.

So the truck has to roll twice to the customers site.

Regardless...

I just wish a Cisco Engineer would have responded.

Actually if you read the Upgrading Cisco CallManager Release 3.1(1), link below, it says that you can upgrade to 3.1 from any previous version of CallManager 3.0. It does not support an upgrade from anything earlier than 3.0

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Software/Tablebuild/download.cgi/ciscocm-ffu.3-1-1ReadmeFirst.pdf?code=&file_size=344905&filename=cisco/crypto/3DES/voice/cmva/ciscocm-ffu.3-1-1ReadmeFirst.pdf

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.