cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call override

jamjam200
Level 1
Level 1

if you have all the channels on the gateway being used and some one needs to make a 999 call, on the route pattern if you tick "Urgent Priority" should this drop one of the calls to let this pattern use a channel? if not is there a way to do this?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

dweiner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Urgent means that the call will route without waiting for any additional digits. This is for dial plans with overlap. It does not drop one of the calls. Depending on the type of trunk you may be able to configure MLPP to preempt a call, but this is only supproted on ISDN-PRI.

One strategy some use is to reserve certain trunks for emergency or high-priority calls. Have a Route Group containing the majority of your trunks and use it in a Route List for your 'normal' calls. Have a few trunks in a different Route Group and assign that as overflow for the 'normal' Ruute Group in a different route list that is assigned to emergency and priority route patterns. This way emergency calls can get out when 'normal' trunks are all busy.

Don

that sounds the best way forward. I only have one 31 channel trunk available. and in the RG settings I can only select "ALL PORTS" is there a way I can select only 28 Channels and then use the rest in the way you describe?

Unfortunately with PRI you can only treat as a single trunk group (single pri-group) if you are running MGCP.

so could I do this if I converted to H.323?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: