Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Call Park Partition Decision

CCM 4.0(2a)SR2b 2 server cluster ~1600 devices.

I have 9 remote locations, and the head end that use the same range of 15XX for call park numbers - but each has it's own partition. We now have an issue where a call parked is given a number that is not in the same partition as the phone that initiated the park.

Phone A in partition A places a call on park. The number is delivered to the LCD - 15XX. That same phone - phone A then attempts to retrieve this parked call but is given a failsafe from CallManager that sounds like a CSS problem. The traces show this to be true. The call park range chosen by a phone in partition A is call park #15XX in partition D, so retrieval of this call fails unless partition D is in the CSS of that phone.

Is there a limit to how many times the same park range can be used even though a different partition is defined each time it is reused? I tested many times, and saw that there is little explanation as to which call park range a phone uses. What is the logic used in determining the call park range? The CSS of the phone initiating the park request?

2 REPLIES

Re: Call Park Partition Decision

Assign the Call Park directory number or range to a partition to limit Call Park access to users on the basis of the device calling search space.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/4_1/sys_ad/4_1_3/ccmfeat/fscallpk.htm#wp1030396

So the main idea is that users CSS contain not more than one partition with call park range included.

Re: Call Park Partition Decision

I wonder why the CSS logic of 1st partition listed wouldn't apply to the selection of a call park number?

This explains the behavior, I'll verify in my lab.

Thanks Solomin.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content