cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Park Reversion display CM 3.3(5)

ALLYSON REAVES
Level 1
Level 1

We have recently upgraded a customer's Callmanager from 3.3(3) to 3.3(5). Prior to the upgrade, when a parked call reverted back to the phone that parked it the display would show 'call park reversion'. Now it displays 'external number' and the receptionists dont know that the caller was reverted back. Any suggestion on how to get this functionality back? Is this a CM version issue?

Any help would be appreciated.

14 Replies 14

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

Because you may have several call park numbers in your network, Cisco CallManager lets you locate specific call park numbers on the basis of specific criteria. Refer the following URL for more information

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008037e635.html#wp1046557

We reverted back to phone load version 7.1.2 which brought back the functionally needed.

Allyson,

I have a customer that mentioned the same problem today. When parked calls revert back, the first three rings indicate the calling party number/external number and then display call park revision on subsequent rings. Was it the phone load that solved your problem?

Thanks,

Craig

I am having the same issue too. The question I have is what load fixes this on the enhanced phones (7941/7961). Suprisingly IPC is still working just perfect.

Same issue here as well. We're on 4.1(3)sr3a and were using phone load 7.2(4). I had already spoken with TAC on this issue. They took some trace files from our Callmanager server and recommended upgrading the phone load.

I tried upgrading to 8.0(4) but that didn't work. After that I downgraded to 7.1(2), just like the original poster had done, and it's working fine.

I've updated my case with TAC and have asked them to find out why this is happening.

7941/7961 also are showing the same issue. I am at 8.0.4 SR1 and it doesnt show up. If you dont mind please ask TAC what works for the enhanced phones. For the 7940/7960 7.1(2) is working but obviously we need it to work with later loads. Let me know what TAC tells you for the older phones too.

It was phone load P00307010200 for the 7960/7940 phones. I hope this helps.

No that part I got to work. I was wondering if there is a later load for the 7940/7960 that would work. Also more importantly what will fix it for the enhanced phones(7941/61)?

Not sure, I haven't heard back from TAC yet. I referenced this thread on my case. Hopefully they'll look at it and give us some feedback.

Here's Cisco's response. Sounds like we have to downgrade to an earlier version of code...

Hi Jake

Happy new year.. I was searching for bugs and the most closest would be this one

CSCsc05209

Symptom: Call-park reversion message is not displaying on phone.

Conditions:

Call-park reversion message is not displaying on phone

1. Let Phone 'A' & Phone 'B' register to the CM.

2. Configure Call park Number on the Callmanager.

3.Make a call from Phone 'A' to Phone 'B' .Answer the call at Phone 'B'.

4. Now Press the Park softkey on Phone 'B' .

5. Phone 'A' displays "To park " & Phone 'B' displays "park number"

6. when call reversion occurs on Phone 'B' ,it doesn't display the call reversion message on Phone 'B'.it just displays the Phone 'A' DN.

This is not the correct behavior.

Workaround:

Downgrade to 7.2.2 or 7.2.3

Thanks jake. Thats pretty bad solution to go that far back to get this message to show up.Does this apply to both the 7940/60 and 41/61? Or is there another code recommendation for the enhanced phones? I am at 8.0.4 SR1 for the 41/61 and they dont show the message either.

I got a very good solution from another engineer in my company. I have tested it with 5.1 and works great on the enhanced phones and you dont have to worry about firmware changes etc.

"In the CallManager Service Parameters, there is a Service Parameter called ?Caller ID Display Priority Enabled?. This is True by default. What this means is the Caller ID has a higher priority than other messages on the phone. According to the docs, the Call Park Revision and Caller ID have the same priority, but if this parameter is True, the caller ID will have a higher priority. I changed this parameter to False and the phone now displays ?Call Park Revision?."

Just to add to that this option doesnt seem to be available in 4.1.3 SR3c, it is definitely available in 4d and 5.1.1 release

william.george
Level 1
Level 1

Same problem here. Began occuring just after DST updates earlier in March. CP Reversion still works on 7960's as we can still run the "fixed" code for them, but the 7961's needed a firmware upgrade for DST to work, but now CP reversion does not display call park info when it reverts back to the phone. Looks like a new call and confuses the user.

Cisco is recommending I move CCM to ciscocm.4-1-3-es102.exe

Currently at 4-1-3sr3c.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: