Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Call Pick of a huntgroup by non-huntgroup members

I have hit a wall with this one and could use some help. I have 3 ladies at a customer site who are in a huntgroup all to themselves. There are 4 other employees in close proximity to these women that would like to pick calls coming into the huntgroup number but who are not members of the huntgroup. Any thoughts?

Geoff

3 REPLIES

Re: Call Pick of a huntgroup by non-huntgroup members

One option is to use a call pickup group as descibed in the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094380.shtml

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

I tried to do this also and cant figure out why Cisco did not put in the Call Pickup Feature for individual subscribers. Traditional PBX's all have this feature. If you are 5 cubes away and here your phone ring, you could pick up ANY phone, hit the call pickup or remote pickup button and your enter your extension in and whamo!.. you have answered that remote phone..... Turns out, you can not configure this unless you are in a group, it will pick up ANY phone ringing in that group... you can't just pick up one extension. It's crazy. So apparently in the new release of CallManager, there is a fix or new feature for this. The release is due in March for the next version of CCM, (not 5.0). I opened a TAC ticket for this and that is what they came back with. I think in release 4.2.x it will be ready they said.

hope this helps

TCATLININS is correct, at this moment call pick up does not work if you are not a member of the pick up group but that feature WILL BE available on CCM 4.2 that is going to be realease at end February - early March this year.

Views
Helpful
Replies