Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Call Pickup feature how?

I'm looking at the cisco docs on Call Pickup. In the PBX world, at least with a couple different vendors I know of (mitel, Rolm, etc) the call Pick up feature works as follows:

You are a 4 cubes over and you hear your phone ringing.. instead of running over to your desk, you press the Call Pickup button and your extension. You are now connected to that call.

In CallManager, it sounds like you can not do this? The way Call Pickup works is that if your phones are in a Pick up Group, and you hit "Call Pickup" softkey, it picks up *ANY* phone that would be ringing in that group.

is there anyway to configure it with the first example? (Mitel, Rolm, etc)

Thanks!

5 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Call Pickup feature how?

Cisco has 2 options on call pickup.

In call pickup you configure a group of phones in the same pickup group. Hitting the pickup softkey will answer any ringing phone in that group.

Group call pickup allows you to pick up a call from a seperate group. Here you selcect the group pickup softkey and enter the number of the group you want to answer the call from.

Does that help?

I know that part, I was trying to figure why CallManager and Cisco have left out the important feature of the basics of Callpick. On Mitel, i believe they call it "remote Call Pickup" If I am 3 cubes away, I hear my phone ringing, instead of running over to my desk, I grab the phone where I am at, hit the CallPick up button AND my ext number and it picks up my ringing phone. Where I am at currently, we do not want the ability to pick "any" ringing phone in a "group" of phones.

Sounds like the only way to do this is to configure each phone in it's own Call Pick up group.(CallManager)

John Doe ext. 4004

Call Pickup Group 4004

Sandy Doe ext 4005

Call Pickup Group 4005

To me, this sounds backwards for CallManager. Every old school PBX has the feature I described above with the "cube" example.

Yea, go ahead and file a feature request.

-Amit

Super Bronze

CME can do it...

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/its/cme33/cme33sa/cme33cvg.htm#wp2175354

Regards

Aaron

please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I filed it, and it turns out, that in 4.2 release that this will be a new feature built in. Go figure. (feb/march 2006)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content