Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Call Pickup Group Required

Hello,

I know how call pickup works but there is one limitation I'm trying to get around. Currently (3.1.2c) for a user to use the group call pickup feature they (their directory number) must be assigned to a call pickup group. However, is there any way I can allow anyone to use group call pickup without being in a group?

Example: I want one phone (a nightbell) to be able to picked up by anyone in the company. The only way I can see to do this is assign everyone to a call pickup group. I will then add the public directory number that should be available to all to a call pickup group.

The problem with this is that now everyone is able to pick up anyone else's phone. This is an unacceptable security risk. I don't want to create a call pickup group for each person or department as there are a couple hundred employees in the company!

Does anyone know of a workaround to this problem? Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Call Pickup Group Required

Unfortunately, there is no way around this. The way the Group Pickup feature is designed requires that the user picking up the call needs to be in a pickup group themselves.

If this was not required, the security would be even less, because anyone could pick up any call.

I think what would need to happen is a redesign of the entire feature, which would not happen quickly.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content