cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Pickup on 7960s

Kluso
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way to program a speed dial button on a 7960 to function as a call pickup button?

Currently to use pickup on a 7960 you have to

-open a line

-press the more soft key

-press the pickup soft key

I would like to activate pickup with a single button press.

On PBX systems there is usually a * code that can be programmed on a speed dial button to activate call pickup. Is there any way to do something similar with Call Manager?

4 Replies 4

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately, no. The procedure you described is currently the only way to do a call pickup on the 7960 phone.

cbuckingham
Level 1
Level 1

Not on the 7960, but if you do not have the need for the 7960, you can re-program one of the 7910's speed dial buttons to do this.

Thanks,

I have 7910s configured for pickup with a single button. Odd that it's not an option on the 7960s.

My 1st choice would be to replace the NewCall soft key with the call pickup soft key.

I don't understand the need for the NewCall button. I can go off hook 3 ways now

1) pick up the handset

2) press the speaker button

3) press a line button.

There's no need for a 4th option!

Maybe we'll at least be able to rearrange the soft keys in a future CM release?

lee.brown
Level 1
Level 1

In callmanager 3.1 the Soft Keys will be programable so this problem will not exist!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: