Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Pickup

MaximBudyonny
Level 1
Level 1

I have a cluster of CCM 4.1(3).

When call from PSTN comes it's routed to the group of DNs. It's implemented via LineGroup-HuntList-HuntPilot.

All works pretty fine. But users can't pickup external call. But they can pickup local calls (from other IP phones).

As for me this issue is similar to the issue described in CSCsb42763.

Am I right?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

leemj001
Level 1
Level 1

There was a bug in 4.0(2)SR1 that allowed call pickup to work with hunt groups, it was fixed in later service packs.

It is possible to enable Call Pickup from a hunt group.

As a minimum you require CCM4.1(3)SR2

Once the service release has been installed a new setting is added to the Enterprise parameters "Cisco Support Use 1" update the blank field with CSCsb42763 (case is important).

Then go to the hunt pilot and select the Call Pickup group from the drop down list.

Update the hunt pilot and you?re done, there is no requirement to restart CCM or the Hunt Pilot.

To restore the configuration to the pre-change remove the code from the Enterprise setting.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

sahildmello
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure thats the bug.Did you have CFA setup at all?

It seems like you are running into a bug CSCsb12946 which is a duplicated bug. This bug doesn't allow this feature to work.

For more information, click on the following link:

http://www.ciscotaccc.com/voice/showcase?case=K11612191

Let me know if it helps.

leemj001
Level 1
Level 1

There was a bug in 4.0(2)SR1 that allowed call pickup to work with hunt groups, it was fixed in later service packs.

It is possible to enable Call Pickup from a hunt group.

As a minimum you require CCM4.1(3)SR2

Once the service release has been installed a new setting is added to the Enterprise parameters "Cisco Support Use 1" update the blank field with CSCsb42763 (case is important).

Then go to the hunt pilot and select the Call Pickup group from the drop down list.

Update the hunt pilot and you?re done, there is no requirement to restart CCM or the Hunt Pilot.

To restore the configuration to the pre-change remove the code from the Enterprise setting.

I downloaded and installed SR3 for CCM 4.1.

After that I set enterprise parameter (System->Enterprise Parameters->Cisco Support Use 1) Cisco Support Use 1 to CSCsb42763

This operation added listbox (Route Plan->Route/Hunt->Hunt Pilot->desired hunt pilot -> Call Pickup Group) Call Pickup Group.

Setting this parameter to a needed Call Pickup Group I've solved the issue.

I'm glad it's all working.

Don't forget to rate posts.

Regards,

Mike.

I was faced with the same call pickup issue after my last CCM upgrade and had several users complaining about the lost functionality. I implemented your sugestion and it works perfectly now! I would like to know more about the "Cisco Support Use 1" field and the CSCsb42763 variable used.

1)What is this field used for?

2)Where did you find out about this feature?

3)Does it affect anything else in CCM?

Thanks,

Jeremy