Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Call Pickup

Is there a way to configure call pick-up to act in the following way on CCM 4.2(1)?

User A is in Pickup Group 1100. User B is in Pickup group 1200. User A hears the phone on the desk of User B ringing. User A goes off-hook, hits the Group Pickup softkey and dials the extension (not the Pickup Group number) that is ringing on user B’s desk. User A could do this for any user that is in the same Pickup Group as user B.

Thanks,

Chris

5 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Call Pickup

I don't think what you are asknig for is possible.

I was afraid of that.

I was hoping someone had found a way to accomplish this.

Thanks for the reply!

In what way does this create a problem? The only way I could see a problem is if there were multiple phones ringing in the other group at the same time and the user wanted to pickup one of the later calls.

Is that the situation you're running into?

Exactly.

But another problem is the old phone system at this customer’s site gave them the ability to pick-up calls using the extension.

Is this a real problem or a perceived one? It seems to me like they're just used to the way the old system worked. The new way is easier because you don't have to know the extension of the phone that is ringing; you only need to know the group.

I've had the same sorts of issues working through the design process for Cisco IPT system for our company. I think the key is knowing what you need to accomplish but being open to different ways to reach your goals.

This case is one example. Another example is call park. We currently can park a call directly onto someone's extension but we will lose that ability when we move to Cisco IPT. Is that a big deal? Not really. We just need to get used to the new way of doing things.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content