cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

call redirect

shane
Level 1
Level 1

From a Cisco IP Phone I can call the ICD queue and press 1 which does a redirect to the operator extension which is also a Cisco IP Phone and that works fine. But I want to configure: If a caller presses 2 that it dials out to an external phone number. When the call is placed the external phone rings but and I think the call is completed but neither person can hear anything. Is there something special I have to do to complete the call.

5 Replies 5

claudio_rivas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i must tell you that i have a similar problem, this problem begins to me using the place call step, this is the way that i suppose you are doing.

Well, i tried accepting and redirecting the call to an extension with a Call Redirect Step, this works fine until the phone is busy or there is no answer.

When the phone that i call is busy or there is no answer, it anyway go to the successful branch of the place call step.

If you want, try you may have another results.

I hope somebody that know the product help us soon, meanwhile, ill be testing and reading.

Regards

Claudio Rivas

shane
Level 1
Level 1

I fixed my problem. My script was correct. It was something with my h.323 gateway. I am sure there was some setting that would have fixed it on my gateway but instead I just re-routed the call through one of my mgcp gateways.

Nice, my routers actually use MGCP and i still have the problem.

Claudio-

Instead of using the "Place Call" step, could you replace it by adding a variable like, "RedirectNumber" and make it a string. Then, in the string, just specify the digits needed to place the call i.e. "913035551212" This would result in the call basically being transferred to 303-555-1212. The 9 is needed to get out of my switch and the 1 indicates a LD call.

I have actually implement several steps like this and it works great.

Also,

Make sure your CTI ports have the appropriate Calling Search Space that will allow Local/LD PSTN Calling!

Thanks