Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

call redirect

From a Cisco IP Phone I can call the ICD queue and press 1 which does a redirect to the operator extension which is also a Cisco IP Phone and that works fine. But I want to configure: If a caller presses 2 that it dials out to an external phone number. When the call is placed the external phone rings but and I think the call is completed but neither person can hear anything. Is there something special I have to do to complete the call.

5 REPLIES

Re: call redirect

Hi, i must tell you that i have a similar problem, this problem begins to me using the place call step, this is the way that i suppose you are doing.

Well, i tried accepting and redirecting the call to an extension with a Call Redirect Step, this works fine until the phone is busy or there is no answer.

When the phone that i call is busy or there is no answer, it anyway go to the successful branch of the place call step.

If you want, try you may have another results.

I hope somebody that know the product help us soon, meanwhile, ill be testing and reading.

Regards

Claudio Rivas

I fixed my problem. My script was correct. It was something with my h.323 gateway. I am sure there was some setting that would have fixed it on my gateway but instead I just re-routed the call through one of my mgcp gateways.

Nice, my routers actually use MGCP and i still have the problem.

Claudio-

Instead of using the "Place Call" step, could you replace it by adding a variable like, "RedirectNumber" and make it a string. Then, in the string, just specify the digits needed to place the call i.e. "913035551212" This would result in the call basically being transferred to 303-555-1212. The 9 is needed to get out of my switch and the 1 indicates a LD call.

I have actually implement several steps like this and it works great.

Also,

Make sure your CTI ports have the appropriate Calling Search Space that will allow Local/LD PSTN Calling!

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content