Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

call routing problem with call manger

call routing in call manager if access code and ip phones ext start at same digit. i have a situation were ip phones ext start from 9xxxx, and also the access code to dial outside is 9.xxxxxxx, if i dial ip phone ext 91111 to 91112 it takes long time to get the ring, if i dial outside with access code 9.123456 it takes less time then dialing ip phones,

probably call manager is taking time for interdigit timeouts and waiting for a new number to arrive to decide on 9.xxxxxxx,

how to make sure that call manager 4.1 distingish between internal ip phones ext and number routing to gateway.

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: call routing problem with call manger

You are correct, the intedigit (t302) timer is the pause. There is really no workaround except for changing the off-net code from 9 to 8 or somthing else. As best practice you should always avoid overlaps.

One thing to try is to create a translation pattern of 9XXXXX and don't do any translation but check the "urgent priority" checkbox, this will route the call imidiately when 9XXXXX is dialed, however make sure you do not have extensions overlapping possible off-net number i.e. 912125, beacuse people will not be able to call certin off-net numbers.

Chris

Re: call routing problem with call manger

You can lower the interdigit timeout, but this may result in people not getting enough time to backout of a misdialed digit.

Best practice documents (SRND) suggest that you do not include 0 or 9 as the starting number in your dial plan for internal extensions. (If 9 is the outside access code and 0 for operator)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_implementation_design_guide_chapter09186a0080447504.html#wp1043339

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.