Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Routing rules for Internal/External Calls

markus.thelen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I´ve got a problem with Unity 3.1.4, andCallmanager 3.2.2c. I want to define two rules for forwarded calls. One should lead internal calls to another call handler than the other. But that doesn´t work. When I use the CallViewer tool to examine the problem, I can see that all calls from Callmanger coming in are mentioned internal calls. But the Callers being forwarded to Unity are no Subscribers in Unity yet. So they should be externals? Or are all IP-Phones of Callmanager automaticaly internal calls? I´m not using a gateway yet. It is only a test scenario.

Thanks for your help.

1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Normally a better way to do this is to define different dial in numbers for internal users vs. external callers... you can't really trust the "internal"/"external" information we get from the switch. Unity doesn't use this flag when determining if it's an internal caller or now - we look up the calling number and if it corresponds to the extension of a known subscriber then it's considered internal for purposes of playing the "internal" greeting for instance.

I'd definitely reccomend using a different routing method here and creating routing rules based on the dialed number or the like.