Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Call Screening and Supervise Transfer in Unity

The situation is:

Employees would like to give callers an option to reach them on their cell phones when they get the employees' voicemail by pressing 1 or some other number, but our employees would like to know who's calling and choose to accept or decline the call.

The problem is:

The announcement message of the caller's name is getting cut off when doing a supervise transfer to a cell phone using call screening options. When I answer my cell phone I get the Unity message at the point where it says "to take the call press 1, to have the caller leave a message press 2."

The setup is:

A Call Handler called "Transfer To Cell Phone" with the Tranfer Incoming Call section of it to Yes, ring a subscriber at this extension: and then the cell phone number. It is set to be a Supervised transfer, to wait 4 rings before bringing the call back and all the Gather Caller Information options at the bottom of the page are checked. Then that Call Handler is assigned to a number that can be pressed during a Subscriber's greeting to be transfered to the cell phone.

Our system is running Unity version 3.1.5 integrated with Call Manager 3.3(2) Service Pack C but we also have a client that this is happening to as well and they have Unity 4.0.2 and Call Manager 3.2(3). So I don't think it's version related.

Is there any way to correct or tweak this so Unity will wait a longer period of time before beginning it's announcement message?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Call Screening and Supervise Transfer in Unity

Hi

What gateway are we using in this case? H323 or mgcp?

Kind Regards

Ullie

Our gateway is a Cisco 2610 running IOS 12.2(15)T1 and it is setup as an H323 gateway. Thanks a lot

Cisco Employee

Hi

If you eg call from cellphone to Unity itself do you experience as well sometimes that you are missing the beginning of the prompts?

Ullie

If I call into our organization to a user's DID # or to an auto attendant that we have set up off a toll free line I can hear the recorded message play from beginning to end. No problems. Also we have a voice port set up as a DID extension so people can call that number to check their voicemail remotely. When calling that number from a cell phone or an IP phone I get the Opening Greeting right away without missing any of what the Unity recorded voice is saying. Our implementation is working good in all aspects except the call screening playing too soon when doing a supervised transfer to an outside line. Thanks a lot

Cisco Employee

It sounds like there's a delay in the voice path being fully opened after Unity has received a "connected" call signal on that supervised transfer. Unity will think that it is connected after receiving both a skinny "connected" call state AND a skinny "startmediasend" (which is basically a message that says it's OK to start sending audio to the connected party on the other end). What's probably happening is that the speech path really isn't opened all the way quite yet.

It's not really accurate to compare that transfer to a call that is simply placed into Unity; telephony-wise, there's a lot more going on.

When I get into the office this morning, I'll dig around to see if we already have any timing parameters for this.

Thank you for the great explanation of how the Unity Supervised Transfer is working. There is definitely a delay or perhaps lack of delay (depending how you look at it) from when Unity begins talking to when the audio stream on the call is setup. If we could delay Unity from speaking for a second or two when the call is set up or find a way to make the audio stream cut through faster so we don't miss the beginning of the message then that would be great. Thank you very much for looking into this for me. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Views
Helpful
Replies