cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call screening

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

How can I config callmanager and or Unity to make use of the call screening function. Currently it is possible to dial Unity and within Unity call the extention. If call screening is set up for the extention it is working fine.<br><br>Is it possible to call, from external, the subscriber directly and have call screening activated?<br><br>

11 Replies 11

Not applicable

For Unity's call screening feature, the call is going to have to be directed to the Unity auto-attendant. Unity handles all processing of the call-screening, from the call control to the conversation.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

Yes, I know I some how have to get it on to the Unity Auto Attendant. The problem is how. When the call comes in with a DID number callmanager will try to send the call to the phone. The only way I know how to change that is to do a call forward all for the line. This does not help me much because then there is no way the call can reach the phone from the AA. What now?????

Not applicable

On the voice-port use the command "connection plar XXXX"
XXXX=Extension of Unity AA

Not applicable

This sounds like a good idea. I am just not sure, are you talking about the voice-port on the gateway? What will then happen with all the non unity numbers, like if I have CCM? Also the gateway is normally H323, and Unity is now Skinny, what about the signalling?
I have not tried your suggestion. I will do it soon. These are only a few questions I was thinking about seeing your possible solution. Have you done this before?

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This might help...
"How to Route Calls to Cisco Unity AutoAttendant from an IOS Gateway"
www.cisco.com/warp/customer/788/AVVID/route_calls_aa_5254.html
You'll need a CCO login.

-Eric

Not applicable

I had a look at this document. It is only explaining how to rout an external DID number directly to the internal Voice Mail number. You will then always land in the Main Greeting of the AA and not in the Voice Mail box of the called number. Any other sugestions?

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That is correct. The original post on this thread was asking how to make use of the call screening function for all external callers. The solution suggested was to route all DID calls to the Unity AA. Transfers from there will be handled by Unity and thus can use call screening. If callers were routed directly to a subscriber greeting rather than the opening greeting then you would not be able to do call screening. The caller would have to exit the subscribers greeting before attempting a transfer.

You should also note that the link I sent only routes a single DID to Unity. Slight changes will be needed to route additional DID numbers in this fashion. Using of PLAR instead of a dial-per certainly take care of this. Every incoming call on the port would be sent to Unity. Mostly, my post was intended to help demonstrate for Anonymous that the solution at the gateway level can work.

Not applicable

I have tried to do PLAR. PLAR in it self is no problem. It is how the call is then presented to Unity where the problem comes in.
I am calling the number say 9991234.
The extention is 1234 and so is the Unity mailbox.
The Unity Port number is 1000.
I have a dial-peer for 1000 pointing to the callmanager.
On the Voice-Port I configured PLAR to 1000.
When I call 999-1234, I am routed to Unity, but with the PLAR number 1000 as the called number. As there is no mailbox with the number 1000 I end up in the Main Call Handler in stead of the voice mail box for 1234. So I can still not do any call screening un less I dial the extention again within Unity AA
Any other sugestions?

Not applicable

You'd have to get 1234 into a forwarding number. You might be able to do this by plar-ing to a CTI route point that is call forwarded all to voice mail. Since there is already a phone DN of 1234, you'd have to use a different number. However, if you did that, Unity would attmept-forward (not attempt transfer) directly to the greeting of the CTI route point DN if it existed. Call screening and every other transfer feature for Unity subscribers will only kick in when the DTMF ID for that subscriber is dialed through the auto-attendant.

You could change this by playing with the Unity routing rules. So if you plar to to 5678, and 5678 is a CTI route point call forwarded all to Unity, you could make a routing rule that said when 5678 is the forwarding number, attempt transfer to 1234.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

Yes, but how do I get an incomming call to AA?

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's a question for the phone system. You're basically looking to reroute a DID line to a different number. This can be done with translation rules in the trunk gateway or possibly routing rules in Call Manager. I believe Call Manager's Personal Assistant will do this for you.
-Eric

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: