Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Screening

I want to set up an extension for call screening. We have DID numbers, Callmanger 3.08. What is the best way to do this? Set up a call Handler for the extension, or just a subscriber? what should the settings be in Call Manager for forwarding? Does it ring at the desk first, or go right to Unity, screened, and then the desk?<br><br>

3 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Call Screening

Call screening in Unity requires that we be in control of the transfer to the Subscriber’s phone. If you are using DID currently there’s no way to implement call screening capabilities.

The call flow works like this:

Call comes into Unity auto attendant

The caller dial the ID of the subscriber they want to reach (or finds them in the Directory By Name handler)

We ask the caller for their name and then tell them to hold on while we try the extension.

We then put them on hold, dial the subscriber, play the caller’s recording and ask if they would like to take the call or not.

Depending on what the subscriber decides, we connect the caller to the subscriber (i.e. complete the transfer) or we route them to the subscriber message box instead.

So you’ll need to have calls coming through Unity and you’ll need to setup supervised transfers for subscriber that want call screening. The System Administrators guide (under the \documents directory on CD #1) has a little blurb about transfer options and call screening functionality on page 269 and 318.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

Thank you. Should I be able to set it up if the exttension is busy, after it's been forwarded to Unity?

Anonymous
N/A

Well, if the extension is busy you can ask us to hold, if that's what you mean... when the extension frees up we'll play the screening and the subscriber will still have the opportunity to reject/accept the call.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content