Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Termination Cause Value = 47

nicholas80
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

We have an IP-IP Gateway which is for VoIP termination. Dialing to particular countries for example China, we are getting cause code = 47.

We refered back to VoIP Telco but they insisted the problem is on the IP-IP Gateway equipment. Attached is the config (portions) and CAR...

8 Replies 8

Hi Nicholas,

Cause code 47 is "No Resources".

Generally, this is just as it sounds. It can usually be traced to either a lack of DSP resources, channels, or more often than not a codec issue.

Check the region of your MTP and Annunciator against the region of your H323 trunk, and see if you will need to transcode. If so, make sure you have a transcoder available.

As well, make sure your MRGL properly lists both an MTP and transcoder.

There's about a 90% chance that the no resources has something to do with transcoding or MTP on CUCM related to your codec.

Does this only happen on transfers, faxes, when the call rings, etc?

hth,

nick

Hi Nick

I have a issue for conference calls between phone in one to other clusters, but not viceversa. I have configured transcoders on both cluster and using GK controlled. The transcoders in the router with issue are up and registered with the CCM, the region are created like G711 within and g729 with the trunk region, the trunk region also has g729.

Please advise any suggest.

Thanks

Andres

Hi Nick,

What about if I get an error message of

bearer capability not implemented (65)?

How can that be set in IP-IP Gateway VOIP dialpeer as it's not a voice port?

Regards,

Nicholas

Hopefully (in theory), your IPIPGW isn't originating any cause codes and is just passing it from one side to the other. There are some cause code mappings, but it requires you to know what message/cause you're getting from which protocol, etc.

Bearer capability causes are seen a lot of with video where one side is trying to do unrestricted digital and the other side can't, and things of that nature.

hth,

-nick

Hi Nick,

I have a same thought as you. Apparently, I'm still getting an error message of calling to particular number.

I've attached 2 files for your reference.

Regards,

Nicholas

These aren't terribly useful, but it does show at least one of your legs isn't getting cause 47.

Last Disconnect Cause is "41 ",

Last Disconnect Text is "bearer capability not implemented (65)",

-nick

Hi Nick,

I just wondering why the bearer capability not implemented error message appears despite we are using voip dial-peers and it's not ISDN PRI termination.

Regards,

Nicholas

Hi Nicholas,

I can't tell you with any certainty why that's happening. More often than not, that's a cause that's being passed through all that way to the router. I have also seen some cases where the router will create this error because it doesn't support some of the features that are being attempted over it, or some of the fields are incorrectly formatted.

hth,

nick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: