Views
Helpful
Replies

Call time limiting for VOIP calls

baris
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i want to limit voip calls to a specific period of time. Is there a way to handle this issue (with or without gatekeepers)? I'm using IOS gatekeepers and gateways with FXS,FXO and BRI.

13 Replies 13

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

Do you mean the "duration" of a call or something like "only allow calls between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m."?

adignan - berbee

Hi adignan,

what i meant was call duration, not time of day.

i want to limit calls to for example 30 minutes maximum.

thanks,

Baris.

I know you can do that with TCL scripts running on h323 GW. But I don't know if that can be done in the CCM.

Here is the link to TCL scripting in case this is what you are looking for.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2192/products_programming_reference_guide_chapter09186a00800de1e4.html

thanks yshraybman for the reply, but we have a bunch of gateways, and applying tcl scripting to each and every router will be a burden for us, is there a simpler way to achieve this thing, does anybody have an alternative?

thanks in advance.

I think the best way to accomplish this is using JTAPI, and monitor the devices.

Then kill the call after x duration.

Hi Sascha, this limitation requirement arise from a fxo disconnect problem. fxo ports on some of the gateways stay connected from time to time. But monitoring all the ports on all gateways would be a challenging task. I thought this problem could be handled by using a parameter on gateways or gatekeepers (an ios gatekeeper is active on the network), is such a command available?

Are the FXO ports configured for ground start or loop start?

fxo ports are configured for loop start.

Do you have the option of reconfiguring them for ground start? Ground start offers the sorts of disconnect supervision that you need. Loop start just isn't designed for it, as you've discovered.

i don't know if our PABX's support GS, but i'll try it. thank you.

The good news is that it sounds like you own both ends of the connection. If your line connected to a service provider then you'd have to deal with having them convert the line.

Let us know how it goes!

John

had same issues with disconnection with FXO for all my sites.

had a post with the resolution. mine was also loop start. asked service provider to put lines into a trunk (minimal cost). the reason for this is that we can enable disconnect to be handled from service proivder instead of the FXO itself. that fixed issue (BTW issue was that even though call ended, fxo disconnected after may two hours, and some didnt at all).

i also had a few routers that still gave a long diconnect time although i cocnverted, i had to enable the supervisory disconnection options as well as TIMING SUP-DISCONNECT parameter (Please note not available in all IOS versions). i set my disonnect to be 300 matching up to my provider. Now, all my sites are working great.

as for ground start, ive tried it once and that really did work great(for a time.) i did have issues later on where i couldnt make any calls outside etc etc. reverted to my initial loop-start workaround and that worked fine.

i am giving suggestions to try since i was in a serious dilema for a few months, trying to fix this. for me i know its frustrating so i hope it may help.

YEVGENIY

I have the same problem with the FXO port, it detect the battery reversal but the port continue off-hook forever.

Could you post a Voice port monitor TCL script example?

thanks

Cristian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: