cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call tranfer option not working on unity 3.1

travis.turner
Level 1
Level 1

I have a call manager 3.2c and a unity 3.1(2). When I set up call transfer to "ring the subscriber at this number" and set the number to a internal extension or a external number, it does not forward the call, the phone rings as normal and goes to vmail. I've checked the unitys restiction tables and set them to allow * I also went into the call manger an set the voicemail ports call search space to "international calls". Does anyone have any Idea what wrong?

6 Replies 6

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm a little confused about your call flow here... Unity can't do anything with the call until we answer it but according to your description we don't get it till it forwards from the user's extension... and we send the caller right to the subscribers greeting as we should.

What, exactly, are you trying to do? If you want the user's phone to forward to another number before Unity has answered the call then this is not a Unity issue - it's a CM configuration thing. If you're talking about Unity handling the call via auto attendant or the like and wanting to have us transfer the call somewhere, that's a different matter.

If you can run through the call flow you're looking for here soup-to-nuts it'd be helpful.

I'm trying to tranfer the call to my cell phone, or another extension. i.e. Some calls my number, I set the call transfer screening option to ring me at this nimber: my cell phone number. What happens is my phone of course rings, then goes to my voice mail, the unity never rings my cell. It also does not work with internal extensions, and I just tested the "go strait to vmail option", and that doe not work. Maybe I don't understand how the system is suppost to work?

I think I understand now, this does not work if I call direct via DID or extension. It does work is If call the main number, get the unity system then dial the extension. The untiy is not involved on a direct dial, I guess the phone rings then goes to Vmail and the call screening options are never touched, correct?

That is exactly correct.

There's going to a difference if some one calls your phone directly, and if some one is transferred to your phone from voice mail. If some one calls your phone directly, the call will follow the forwarding set up for that phone in CallManager (it sounds like this is set up to go to Unity). If that caller was in the voice mail system and dialed your voice mail ID (most often it's the same number of the person's phone extension), then call will follow the transfer rules set up in Unity (you don't have to transfer to your desk phone, you can transfer to your cell phone).

The basic thing to remember is that there is a difference between forwarding and transferring. Forwarding will be set in CallManager and the transfer options are set in Unity.

Yes, I think I understand now, can I throw a question at you....

This is what I'm trying to set up:

My support group wants to be able to have options (call handler) that will:

press one -- goes to thier phone

Press two - - goes to a external phone number for a support group a another location.

On top of all that they want from 12am to 8am both options 1 and 2 to go to a third number in Ireland.

Does it sound feasable:

If I set up the support extension standard greeting to blank message and during the greeting go to a call handler, add a "dummy" extension that transfers to exteral support for option two of the call handler. And set the shcedule for the standard greeting for 8am to 12 am. Then set up and alternate greeting schedule for 12am to 8am and create another call handler that sends the calls to Dublin.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: