Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Transfer confusion

nordendale
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I am trying to get a call to transfer from the ‘transfer’ sub menu on the subscriber. No matter what I do, though, it keeps going the personal greeting instead. Currently I have the “Yes, ring subscriber at this number:” item selected and the number I want in the box. No go though.

I was able to work around with a call handler doing the transfer when the caller hits ‘1’ for ‘caller input,’ but this isn’t how I want it to work. I want the call to transfer automatically instead of going to the greeting. I have looked at the ‘restriction tables’ and couldn’t find anything that would cause this not to work.

What am I screwing up?

Casey

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How are users hitting the subscriber's mailbox? Are they coming in to the opening greeting and then dialing the user's extension number? Or are you forwarding from an extension directly into the mailbox? Just trying to get a handle on what the scenario is here...

Unity is intergrated with call manager and calls are going directly to the user extension and into voice mail.

Any ideas?

If the phone is forwarding into Unity from the user's extension, Unity is doing what it's suppose to here. The transfer action will always be skipped in this case since if we didn't we could easily get caught in a transfer loop... Unity would dial the phone which would forward back to Unity and Unity would again dial the phone etc... when a call comes into a subscriber's mailbox forwarded, the transfer rule is skipped and we proceed directly to the greeting rule.

Why do you want to transfer the call to the user's extension again if the caller just forwarded from it? this seems a bit odd...

No, sorry, I need to clarify.

What I am talking about is the call transfer feature that allows you to transfer to an outside line if you wish... not back into unity... Users can (with the proper COS) do this themselves too in the 'Call Transfer and Screening' menu in AA:

Yes, ring my extension: 1710

Yes, ring me at this number:

No (send directly to my greeting):

In fact, changes made in SAWEB, will show up on this menu in AA. The change I made causes, 'yes, ring me at this number' selected, along with the NNP# (North American Numbering plan).... no endless loops.

This is a feature that allows users to set up a transfer to another number if they are going to be away from their desk. e.g. calls could be set up to transfer to home, cell etc...

As I posted originally, I have been able to set up the functionality in the from of a transfer on a call handler... people can hit '1' during the user greeting and go to the call handler, which in turn transfers the call the NNP# just like it is supposed to.

understood, but as I said the transfer rule for a subscriber will be skipped if someone forwards into Unity from that subscriber's extension, regardless of if they're transfer number is the same as their extension or not. If you want folks to ring the subscriber's phone, forward to Unity and then transfer to another number, you'll have to us a call handler for that.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: