Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

call transfer from call handler

Is it possible to play a greeting in a call handler and then transfer directly to an extension? The only way I can make it work currently is to transfer to a subscriber which then has call transfer set to ring an extension.

jsoh

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: call transfer from call handler

You have to send the call to another call handler (or subscriber as you noted) to get the transfer to work... you can't play a greeting and then transfer in the same call handler. The call flow goes through the transfer rules first and then the greeting rules then the after greeting action (and possibly the after message action if you have it setup to take a message). There's no way to have it jump back to the transfer after it plays the greeting.

Typically I setup a call handler that has it's alternate transfer rule enabled and configure it to dial the number I want and then set the after greeting action to "attempt transfer for" the call handler.

You might be interested in the Audio Text Manager tool which makes doing a bunch of these pretty easy... also the training video may be helpful to you. You'll find it here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/APP_AudioTextManager.htm

Views
Helpful
Replies