Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Call transfer on ATA 186 I1

Hello,

I have a customer with a DECT Siemens phone (S150) attached to an ATA 186 I1.

This phone has a key to transfer a call but it doesn't work with an ATA. How can I perform the call transfer with the ATA 186???

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Benjamin

6 REPLIES

Re: Call transfer on ATA 186 I1

PS : I use CME 3.4

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Benjamin,

Have you tried using the Hookswitch on the DECT phone to perform a Hookflash Transfer? This is the normal Transfer method for phones connected to ATA's.Why don't you give that a try and let us know how that works.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remeber to rate helpful posts.....

Hi Rob,

I'm not sure about what Hookswitch is... Could you please tell me more about it ?

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Benjamin

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Benjamin,

I'm sorry I didn't realise that this was a cordless phone when I gave my previous reply. What you need to determine is what the Flash key is on this model.I would contact Siemens tech support for your country. Here is the link with telephone numbers.

http://icm-km5.erlm.siemens.de/docs/cp/attachments/gigasets/gigasets100_colour/user_manual/S1X0_colour_eng.pdf

The manual lists a "Flash Time" so we know that it is available, but it doesn't say which key to use.

To perform a Blind Transfer you will press Flash >Dial number>Hang up for a.(you will have to test this out).

Here is the other information you asked about that applies to normal desk telephones:

HOOK FLASH

The act of hanging up the telephone for a short period of time (Less than one-half second). This operation is useful in PBX systems that interpret a hook flash as a signal to perform other services, such as transferring a call.

HOOKSWITCH

The switch controlled by the telephone handset, which closes its contacts when the handset is lifted from its mounting and opens its contacts when the handset is replaced on its mounting.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts........

Thanks for your answers... I'm sure I've enough information now!

Best Regards

Benjamin

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content