cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Transfer

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have a call handler set to transfer incoming calls to an outside or offnet phone number. Subscribers have this call handler selected for "0" option for their caller input (users are set to transer to call handler and not to greeting). I am getting 3 different results with this call transfer setup which I have enabled under the alternate rule. <br><br>Intermittent Results:<br>1. The call handler will dial the outside # successfully.<br>2. Sometimes I get the call handlers greeting.<br>3. Sometimes the transfer just hangs and beeps over and over.<br><br>Any suggestions would be appreciated..Thanks.<br><br>

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

does the call handler have an extension associated with it that might correspond to the number you're transfering to? Is the transfer a release or supervised transfer? If it's released, and you have an extension associated with it, it may be forwarding back to Unity on a busy condition and forwarding right to that greeting... I've seen that before.

One of the smart guys like Steve or Keith will have to speculate on the transfer failure stuff (the beeping)... that's out of my territory.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

From what is being described, it sounds like this is a release transfer. The beeps are probably the result of an unsuccessful transfer to the outside number (but Unity thought the transfer was OK). There's certain rules you have to follow when making transfers like this: don't release the transfer until the call leg out to the outside number has been set up. There's really not many good ways for Unity to know when that call leg has been set up. Try cramming a comma or two at the end of the transfer string. So, instead of transferring to 2062562900 transfer to 2062562900,,

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

The call handler does not have an extension associated with it that corresponds to the # I am transferring to. I have tried the transfer both as supervised and release and receive the same results.

I tried adding the commas with no success. Still experiencing intermittent problems. Thanks for the suggestion.