Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Call Transfers only send 7 digits.

I am trying to set up a greeting option where pushing 1 sends the call to a cal handler that is set to transfer calls to a long distance number. I have changed the default Restriction table to allow calls to this LD number but whent Unity dials the number on the transfer it only dials the first 7 digits. I set all the v-mail ports in unity to the LD search space but still no luck.

??? help

thanks in advance

2 REPLIES

Re: Call Transfers only send 7 digits.

Hi,

Sorry that I don't know how to answer your question but since that you are working with the Call transfer feature in Unity, could I ask you some questions about it? I cannot get my Unity call transfer work AT ALL. I would to know,

1. What is it like when the Unity call transfer takes place? Would the caller hear the greeting or the call will be diverted to the extension straight away?

2. What is the phone device setting in call manger that I need to check/set in order to make the 'Call transfer' of unity works?

Thanks for reply.

Re: Call Transfers only send 7 digits.

Wherever teh phone call needs to transfer TO, you need to make sure that the v-mail ports on CM are configured for the correct Calling search space. Then go to unity and look at the subscribers options under "call Transfer" Teh default in Unity 3.1 is to set the transfer to go to the greeting right away. If you actually want the transfer to go to the extension you will need to change the slection here. you can also specify a number to ring the subscriber like a cell phone or home number. Don't foget to add the "9" or 8"" or whatever you use for outside access. I wish I could tell you how to get it to transfer lond distance but this is where I am having problems myself.

j

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content