Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Setup:

Call Manager 3.2

7960 and 7940 IP Phones

Cisco 2600 voice gateway with NM-HDA

When an IP Phone ( either 7960 or 7940) is engaged with 2 callers

the "Transfer" button is not available. It is available if the IP Phone is engaged

with only one caller.

How can I enable "Transfers" if the phone is engaged with 2 callers at the same time.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ischarcm
Level 1
Level 1

Its not really a bug per se.... turn off call waiting and you will be able to transfer the call. The work around right now is to add another line appearance on the phone if you want a rollover... If two callers are already talking on one line, there is no voice path to transfer a caller out on...

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

uversave
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

There is a bug/feature request open for this CSCdr46493. I will check more in detail when this will be implemented.

Ullie

paul.harrison
Level 4
Level 4

This is just the way call manager works.

If a user has one call active and another call waiting, they can't transfer the first call.

If a user is talking to one call and holding another, they can't transfer either call.

The only way to deal with this is to PARK one of the calls (this removes the call from the phone), then deal with the other call, then go back to the first.

It's been like this since CM3.0 so whilst Ullie says there is a feature request to rectify this I wouldn't hold your breath.

Paul

Hi Paul

You are correct in saying that this is the way CCM works but there were some additional notes in the bug that mentioned that this might be "fixed" in a future release so I am checking this up with Product Management.

Ullie

ischarcm
Level 1
Level 1

Its not really a bug per se.... turn off call waiting and you will be able to transfer the call. The work around right now is to add another line appearance on the phone if you want a rollover... If two callers are already talking on one line, there is no voice path to transfer a caller out on...

Another work around is to park one call, transfer the call you want to transfer, and pick up the first call from park. The problem is that to transfer a call, the phone needs to create another voice path (even if you want to blind transfer), and as it is, the phone only allows 2 voice paths per line appearance.

Hi

This is not an official announcement and for more info you should contact your Cisco local account team but after talking to product management CSCdr46493 should be implemented in 4.0

Ullie

For all who replied to my original post, thanks.

FYI this is the url where the workaround is discussed

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00800945a6.shtml