Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Call Transfers

I have two subscribers, Executive and Secretary. Everytime someone calls in for the Executive, I want it to ring twice on the Executive's phone. If she doesn't pick up, I want the call to be transferred to the secretary. If the secretary doesn't pick up, I want the call directed to the Executive's voicemail. If the secretary does pick up I want to give her the option of sending the call to the executive's voicemail or back to the executive. I hope this isn't too confusing. I don't know how to go about doing this. Can I do it with the cisco 7910 phone, unity 2.4.7 and CallManager 3.0(9)? Unity is configured as the auto-attendant. <br><br>Thanks for everyone's help.<br><br>

1 REPLY
Gold

Re: Call Transfers

What you need to do is set the call forward no answer (CFNA) number on the executive’s IP phone to the secretary’s phone. Then have the secretary’s phone forward to voicemail on CFNA and CFB. CallManager will retain the original forwarding stations DN and the caller will get the executives voicemail. If the secretary picks up, he/she can choose to transfer the call to the executive’s phone just like any other normal transfer, or can transfer the call to the executive’s voicemail. If the secretary transfers to Unity then he/she will need to hit * to get to the opening greeting, then enter the executives extension followed by #2 to get directly to the greeting and then hit transfer again. The caller will hear the executives greeting and be able to leave a message.

The only issue I see with all of this is the forward no answer timer in the CallManager. This is a global field. So if you set it to 2 rings (8 seconds) then every call system wide will forward after 2 rings. 3 rings (12 seconds) is the default with CallManager. If you want to adjust this ring value you must browse to your CallManager administration page. Click ‘Service’ then ‘Service Parameters’ and then the CallManager server to the right. Next click on ‘Cisco CallManager’ to the left. You want to adjust the ‘ForwardNoAnswerTimeout’ value which is in seconds and then click update. Do this for all servers in the cluster if you have more than one. Then stop and start all the CallManagers.

Yes, you can do this with Unity 2.X, CallManager 3.X and any phone.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content