cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call XFER cme

a.gooding
Level 5
Level 5

i need to enable the operator to monitor a transfered call and have the ability to recall that transfer. is this possible?.

This cme system does not have AA or VM

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Arvind,

You should be able to use Transfer system Consult to achieve this functionality. Have a look;

The transfer-system command specifies the method to use for call transfers: H.450.2 standard signaling or Cisco proprietary signaling, and whether transfers should be blind or allow consultation. We recommend that customers should specify H.450 standards for call transfer and forwarding when possible. For Cisco CME 4.0 and later versions, selection of the H.450.2 standard for call transfer is the default selection (the full-consult keyword is the default for the transfer-system command). However, before Cisco CME 4.0, the default was the Cisco proprietary method. Table 22 summarizes transfer method recommendations for all Cisco Unified CME versions.

Customers using a version of Cisco CME between 3.0 and 3.3 must configure the transfer-system command using the full-consult or full-blind keyword to allow IP phones to perform consultative or blind transfers to local phones and phones across a WAN. Note that before Cisco Unified CME 4.0. the default for the transfer-system command was the blind keyword, so the transfer-system command must be explicitly configured to use the recommended full-consult or full-blind setting.

Cisco Unified CME Version

4.0 and later transfer-system Command Default is (full-consult)

3.0 to 3.3 transfer-system Command Default is (blind)

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00806a803d.html#wp1055423

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.....

Thanks for the reply. the xfer on the system is consult, but from what i gather, they advise that sometimes the operator simply does a blind transfer. they need to have some feature or combination of features, to allow a call that has already been transfered, to be retrieved by the attendant. meaning, the operator should have some type of alert to tell the operator that no one is answering the phone and then take it from there. my suggestion to customer is to simply ensure that operator does a consult therefore in that way she would ovbously know if the person is there or not. i have also configured monitored lines of the attendant module to show status of phones. as well, i have installed a third party attendant console application for cme 4.0. but an actual RECALL feature is not there

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: