Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Called, Calling, and Original Called number support(3.1)

I have a customer needs this info.

Manager 3.1 supports or can pass Called, Calling and Original Called number from 6608 PRI to another 6608 Voice Mail PRI? I did a trace, noticed that the Original Called number get dropped. Only Calling and Called DN shows up.

Example:

My office phone(Calling DN) dials your Cell phone(Original Called DN) and your cell forwords to Call Manager(Called). Call Manager failed passing Original Called DN, and trace file only shows Calling and Called DN. Is there a way to make CM 3.1 capture or pass all these three (Telco provided)fields? or see it? Thanks.

Jun

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Called, Calling, and Original Called number support(3.1)

On the PRI configuration in CCMAdmin for the 6608 port, check the "Redirecting Number IE Delivery" checkbox, and reset the gateway. Then try it again.

We had both PRI ports "Redirecting Number IE Delivery" Checked. And the trace only shows Calling and called.

Cisco Employee

I am confused by your description. Are you saying that you are making an inbound call to the CallManager that was forwarded from a cell phone? In that case, we have to depend on the telco to send us the Original Called party IE. If we do get that IE in from the telco then we can use it. If we don't get it from them, then how would we know the original called number?

The only time the CallManager generates the IE is if you call a number in CallManager that forwards to another number through the gateway.

Maybe I can provide some clarity.

The site has a non-Cisco voicemail system connected to 6608 using PRI. The voicemail expects the following:

Calling Num: calling line ID of caller

Called Num: routing DN for voicemail system

Orig Called Num: DN of called party*

Redirecting Num: DN of called party*

*only one of these would be present for a call

Extensions are configured to forward on No Answer or Busy to the routing DN for voicemail system.

Calls from PSTN->Extension->Voicemail work fine, and the Call Manager sends Calling, Called, and Redirecting numbers to the voicemail as expected.

Calls from PSTN->PSTN->Voicemail do not work though. The PSTN delivers the Calling, Called, and Original Called numbers to the 6608, and the 6608 forwards the Calling and Called numbers, but the Original Called number does not seem to be recognized by the 6608 and does not get forwarded to the voicemail.

This scenario was supported by the Nortel system that the was used at this site before switching to the 6608.

Cisco Employee

Can you look at a CCM trace of when this failure occurs and post the contents of the inbound Q.931 setup that we see come into the 6608 port?

Views
Helpful
Replies