Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Called PBX Name Display Issue

I have an AVVID integrated with Nortel PBX through H.323 GW using DMS100 switch type. Nortel PBX is sending me the name ID through Display IE. And I have no problem to see both Name ID and CLID on Cisco IP phone if the call is from Nortel phone. However, the problem is I can only see the CLID on Cisco IP phone if call is from Cisco IP phone to Nortel phones; the name ID of Nortel phone doesn't show up.

I have verified the following items are in place:

1) Gateway:

- Checked the 'display IE Delivery'

2) Route Pattern:

- Set 'Allowed' for 'Connected Name Presentation' (The Default should work as well, however, I forced it to allowed to the exact what I want)

3) Debug ISDN Q931 on H.323 GW, and saw Display IE replied from Nortel with the Name ID of Nortel phone. However again, I can only see only CLID on Cisco IP phone.

I am wondering if this is due to the DMS100 is used in this case.

If anyone has experience on this issue, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

Re: Called PBX Name Display Issue

In order for the Cisco CallManager to pass the calling party name, verify these settings on the gateway configuration page:

Verify that the Display IE Delivery field is checked.

Verify that the Presentation Bit is set to Allowed.

Verify under Service Parameters that the ToSendH225UserInfoMessage is set to True.

To check whether the calling name information is being passed to the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) or PBX, choose from one of these options:

For Skinny and Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP) gateways: Follow the instructions for gathering traces as described in Setting up Cisco CallManager Traces for Cisco Technical Support and search for the string CallingPartyName=.

For H.323 gateways: Issue the debug isdn q931 command and check if the calling name is present in the Q.931 setup message (Display I="name") sent to the PBX or PSTN.

This URL should help you:

CreatePlease to create content