Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller hears ring-back during Call UnHold

frazier24
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My customer has asked me to allow the Caller, while being de-queue from Call Hold, to hear a ring-back while the Caller gets "transfered" to an available Agent.

Is this possible? If so, can you help me out?

Thanks

Lee

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I had the exact question that you had Lee. My customer wanted to hear ringing when being transfered to the agent instead of MoH. I think the last response may be the answer. When ICD transfers the caller to the Agent that is a supervised transfer which uses "Network Hold" whereas the OnHold logic uses "User Hold". So we can configure the RingBack.wav as Network Hold for the CTI Ports and leave User Hold as the existing music. Does anyone have RingBack already recorded?

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

anup.anand
Level 5
Level 5

Ringback tone happens during call setup. In this case, since the call is already answered and placed in queue, providing a ringback may not work.

An alternative would be to record the ringback as a wave file and play it back to the caller before the call is send to the agent.

You can use the SELECT RESOURCE step and set the CONNECT option to NO. This would give you the SELECTED branch where you can play a prompt.

HTH

Anup

Hi Anup,

Where exactly would I insert the SELECT RESOURCE step, would it be right after the UNHOLD step?

I am not sure where this would go in order to make this scenario work.

Thanks

Lee

Hi Lee,

Can you try out the following and get back...

---->Select Resource

------------>Connected

------------>Queued

-------------------->QueueLoop:

-------------------->Play Queue Prompt

-------------------->Hold

-------------------->Delay(20)

-------------------->UnHold

-------------------->Go to QueueLoop

In the above case the caller will keep hearinig the RingBack tone untill the agent answers. If the calls goes to Ring No Answer, the call will be pulled back into the queue.

Note : Ringback wav file has to be added in the MOH audio source in callManager and the CTIPorts has to be configured to this MOH. If not set, the caller will hear the default wav file set in CCM.

Get back to me for any further queries.

Regards

Yogi

venkasub
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

When an ICD call is ringing at an agent, the caller is put on Hold while the ICD application is ringing an agent. At this point the CM MOH can be used to play ringback tone to the ICD caller while waiting for the Agent to answer the phone. The call is on

hold on the CM at this point while ICD does a consult transfer. To set this up you configure all the CTI ports "Network Hold Audio Source" for

the wav file you want played during the consult transfer.

The MOH source that is configured on a CTI Port as the User Hold Audio Source is what a caller will hear when the Script puts the caller on

hold via the Hold Step.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Venkat

Thanks.. However, I really do not see this affectively working since I already have a Queue Loop that put the caller on hold due to an Agent not being available. Based on your example, this will eliminate the Queue Loop OnHold MoH since the MoH that is heard comes from the CTI ports, which of course I do not want to change.

Am I understanding you correctly?

Thanks again..

Lee

I had the exact question that you had Lee. My customer wanted to hear ringing when being transfered to the agent instead of MoH. I think the last response may be the answer. When ICD transfers the caller to the Agent that is a supervised transfer which uses "Network Hold" whereas the OnHold logic uses "User Hold". So we can configure the RingBack.wav as Network Hold for the CTI Ports and leave User Hold as the existing music. Does anyone have RingBack already recorded?

Hi,

The CRS server has some Ringback.wav files in:

C:\program files\wfavvid\prompts\system\default

Regards

Venkat

This suggestion was right on the money... I didn't want to adjust my scripts.. and the suggestion above provided me the solution I was looking for with respect to my RingBack question.

Thanks..

Lee

If you change this I believe this wav will also play during Call Park, so I was told. If so, do you want them to hear ringback during the Park function? Can anyone confirm this?

Dave