Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Caller ID Coming from Auto Attendant

Config: Unity 4.03 / CallManager 3.32

I have a situation where we have an Auto Attendant (Unity Call handler) answering the primary line for a company. As part of the Call Handler, the caller is able to enter an extension and Unity transfers the call directly to the requested extension.

When this happens, the party being called does not see the Caller ID information of the incoming caller. Instead all their 7960 phone shows is that the call is coming from voice mail or one of the voice mail ports.

Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Caller ID Coming from Auto Attendant

I assume you are using supervised transfer...

Not a lot you can do here except switch to using release to switch transfers. Since Unity is calling the phone to see if the user is there before completing the transfer it is always going to show as the calling party.

Thanks,

Keith

That is part of my problem... I cannot locate where to change the transfer type to release to switch.

When someone dials an extension during the message of a call handler (that has the box "Allow callers to dial an extension during greeting" checked)...

Where is the transfer type controlled for this? I believe that this is a system function?

I was able to locate the settings... It is now working properly.

It was a release to switch issue.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content