cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID data Problem

jniederauer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I've read docs and searched through the archives here but haven't been able to figure out this problem.

No one laugh, but here's my config...

CallManager @ v3.2

2600 @ v12.1(5)YB2

and they're talking over H323 (Is this the problem?)

I've recently acquired a new set of phone numbers. My existing pool is yyy-92xx and yyy-96xx. We've recently been given yyy-01xx. Everyone is pretty set on 3-digit extensions, but having the unique pool of 100s with a leading 0 I thought would keep me in the clear...

Whenever a 1xx person dials out, their CallerID information is passed as 345-91xx, not 345-01xx, no matter what I seem to change.

Here's my current dial-peer config:

!

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 9T

direct-inward-dial

port 1/0:23

!

dial-peer voice 100 voip

destination-pattern .T

progress_ind setup enable 3

session target ipv4:10.10.2.50

dtmf-relay cisco-rtp h245-signal h245-alphanumeric

codec g711ulaw

!

What can I do to fix this? short of creating a second routing pattern or reconfiguring as mgcp... I'm not saying I won't do that, but I'd like to know if there's another way.

Thanks,

-JDN

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

You'll have to pull off or change the Caller ID DN on your gateway.

View solution in original post

Possibly create a partition for extensions using the new range of numbers, then you can set up route patterns with the correct CLI mask for each set of numbers.

You'll still need to remove the gateway CLI masks, as these would screw you up...

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

sdrennan
Level 1
Level 1

This will not be a Gateway problem, Have you checked the Calling party transform mask. This probably has a setting 0f 3459XXX which will mean the 1XX extension range will send the incorrect ID

To add to Steve's point, keep in mind that route groups override the configuration in route patterns, so the change will need to be made there, if applicable. Also, check you actual phone line External phone number mask that this is not configured there. Basically, CM is sending what you're telling it to, so I agree with Steve.

I had tried that in the past, and just confirmed... even if I set the "External Phone Number Mask" for that line to 3450XXX and I also tried 3450113, but it still shows the 9 instead of the 0.

I did find, for the first time, the Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask check box in my route pattern configurations... I turned those on, but still a problem.

I do not have any Route Groups. However my Gateway Configuration lists the Caller ID DN as 3459XXX and Num Digits is set to 3.

What changes do I have to make to get this right, seeing as how I'm using 3 digit extensions (eg: not prefixed by a 9 or 0).

Thanks,

-JDN

You'll have to pull off or change the Caller ID DN on your gateway.

Possibly create a partition for extensions using the new range of numbers, then you can set up route patterns with the correct CLI mask for each set of numbers.

You'll still need to remove the gateway CLI masks, as these would screw you up...

Thanks, all, that was precisely what I needed to do. I removed all the information from my Gateway and set the information up in my routing patterns and created a seperate CSS/pattern for my groups of callerid info.

-JDN