Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Caller-id failure

Hi,

I'm setting up a caller-id on the 3661 router on a fxo port. I'm using h.323. Why is it that sometimes the router won't be able to receive the information from the caller sometimes it receives information, in other words sometimes it displays the caller information on the ip phone sometimes not.

If there's anybody who knows the sollution kindly give me some advise.

Thanks,

Arvin

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Caller-id failure

This problem has been observed on a 3600-series router with a T1/E1 NM-HDV packet voice network module.The bug CSCdu74485 has more details on it.

CSCdu74485

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCdu74485&cco_product=IOS&fset=&swver=&keyw=caller-id%2C3600&target=&train=

I guess, there is no workaround for this. May be, someone facing the same problem can share their experience.

Silver

Hi,

I see two possible causes for that,

1.Caller ID requires VIC-2FXO-M1 or VIC-2FXO-M2, with the old FXO vic it's not supported at all .

2.Some calls will always have blocked caller id for privacy reasons.Do you see the CLID when calling from the same number to a regular phone?

marina

Hi,

I have already configured the caller-id with h.323 gateway and it's already working but I can't get to work my configuration with an MGCP Gateway. Do you have any idea?

Thanks.

Arvin

Views
Helpful
Replies