Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Caller ID is not being passed to messages

I have one user who is not getting caller id information on messages that are left in his mailbox. We use unified messaging and receive the voicemails in our email. When this person gets the message it just shows a call from Unity01, not the caller id from the person who actually called. I have tested on several others and all receive the caller id info in the exhange mailbox with the email.<br><br>

4 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Caller ID is not being passed to messages

Does the subscriber in question have any special forwarding or follow-me features? The call may be following a different path than the working examples, dropping the Caller ID at some point along the way.

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Anonymous
N/A

The subscriber in question does not have any special features, forwarding or follow-me features. It is setup the same as the working ones.

Anonymous
N/A

The path the call takes to that subscriber's phone must be different somehow than on the calls that show ID, since it seems the calling party for the suspect phone is showing up as a Unity port.

What method is being used to reach the phone, is is a DID, via Unity autoattendant, AVVID attendant, other?

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Anonymous
N/A

This is if someone calls the DID directly or goes thru the AA for the company. I have tested my phone and can not replicate the problem.

Views
Helpful
Replies