Have a issue where intermintely, when user is on their primary line and they get a call on their second line (primary line forwards to second line) it saids From that user and not from the outside number. Most of the time they see the proper outside number show up when second line rings though.
So, if this was user A's phone and User A was on primary line when issue happens, if someone calls User A they would see "From User A" on display when the second line is ringing.
CCM 3.3.3sr2 and 5.02 firmware. I am trying 5.05 update but could not find anything bug-wise with this so wanted to see if anyone had ideas or has seen this.
This may be off the topic some but we are running CCM3.3.3sr2 and just changed our firmware from that same code and we have several two line phones that have never had that problem. Here is the configuration we use (note that it also requires only one phone number per phone).
1. Configure two different partitions (i.e. employee_PT and rollover1_PT)
2. Make sure that your first PT is in the Calling Search Space that everyone has rights to call and then create another Calling Search Space that only the primary line can call (i.e. rollover1_CSS).
3. Configure the phone to have two Lines, make LINE1 be 1920 in the employee_PT and make LINE2 be in the rollover1_PT.
4. In the middle portion of the DN configuration page tell LINE1 to forward busy to 1920 with a calling search space of the rollover1_CSS. Assign foward no answer to whatever you typically do, like VM.
5. In the middle portion of the LINE2 DN configuration page, assign forward busy to the first line 1920 with the CSS of your main calling search space or send it to VM. Forward no answer can be done the same way.
The most important piece is that LINE1 rolls to LINE2 on busy. You also need to make sure that both lines are assigned the calling search space that allows all calling that user is allowed to make in the global configuration section at the top of the LINE configuration page.
I expect you won't have that problem any longer as we have been running this setup for quite some time and don't have that problem at all. Trust me, my users WOULD complain. If you need a better example, please let me know. I can put together a quick Word doc with screen captures depicting it better than I am explaining it.
SIP traces provide key information in troubleshooting SIP Trunks, SIP
endpoints and other SIP related issues. Even though these traces are in
clear text, these texts can be gibberish unless you understand fully
what they mean. This document attempts to br...
Please find the attached HTML document, download and open it on your PC.
This provides an easy to use form where you simply answer a few
questions and it will render the proper jabber-config.xml file for you
to copy/paste. There is built in logic to verif...
CUCM Database Replication is an area in which Cisco customers and
partners have asked for more in-depth training in being able to properly
assess a replication problem and potentially resolve an issue without
involving TAC. This document discusses the bas...