cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID on Shared Line Appearances cm3.3.3 sr3

ischarcm
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 7960 with a sidecar expansion. Every call that comes in, no matter which line its coming in on, the display of the 7960 shows the caller id info etc. Is there any way to disable that and have it show only for certain lines on the screen of the phone? They want the ability to still pick up the other calls as necessary, or see the line appearances, in-use etc. but don't want the display of the phone always showing who is calling what line.

4 Replies 4

gary.mattson
Level 1
Level 1

I had a customer with the same issue and found out it was not possible to modify the caller ID behavior of a shared line appearance. Any line on the phone that receives an incoming call will show ID on the phone. Same goes for Missed Calls. I have not heard if/when that will change on the CallManager roadmap.

I have the same problem. Is there a Cisco solution to having standard busy indicators and not resulting to shared lines? Maybe a status feature for a phone button template?

I have users who have sharded lines and would like to only see calls recieved on their phone and calls placed from their phone only. Is there a way to seperate this?

This would be huge if there was a way to restrict this.

I believe I have heard this is avail in cm 4.xx, but not with any version prior to that.