cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID Problems

tbamert
Level 1
Level 1

I have Call Manager 3.02d running with Unity 2.4. I am using a 3660 as my gateway to the PSTN. When calls come in to our main number, the autoattendent picks up. When the caller enters the extension, the autoattendent rings the ext. Unity seems to be over-writing the caller ID info and sending the autoattendent number to the Cisco Phones. Is there a way to stop this from happening?<br><br>

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

What connectivity type does the 3660 have to the PSTN? PRI? Analog?

We actually have some analog trunks which are used for our main number and we also have a PRI for out DIDs.

Not applicable

Well… I don’t think there’s much you can do from the Unity side of things… if you had the outside call hitting an IP phone instead of one of our ports and then do a transfer to another internal extension, which number does the phone display? I’m guessing it shows the extension calling, not the caller ID. There might be some tricky way we can force the calling number field to show the original caller ID instead of the extension actually doing the dial, I’ll check with the MIU folks.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Not applicable

Is there any new information on this thread? I have the same issue. I am using a 2650 PRI gateway. If I send calls directly to the phone, I get caller ID. If I send them to Unity for AA and Unity transfers the call, caller ID is gone. Other phone systems I have worked with do not exhibit this behavior.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: