cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID sent when calls forwarded

travis-dennis_2
Level 7
Level 7

Does anyone know if CM even sends the original calling party number when it forwards a call? I have Unity accepting calls as an auto-attendant. I have some users on a legacy phone system connected via PRI. If a call comes in that should go to the legacy system the call is routed by CM. The caller id on the legacy phone system shows the port number of Unity. I was told that there may be some setting on the legacy system that I could set to show the original calling party number but does CM even send those over in the first place?

7 Replies 7

fmeetz
Level 4
Level 4

Did you ever get an answer on this?

Not until now. Could you elaborate on the gateway config please?

gillins
Level 1
Level 1

on the gateway config on the prisection there is a required parameter that allows you to set the calling party. it usually defaults to originator but it can be changed to be the redirecting party's number.

hope this helps

scott

paul.harrison
Level 4
Level 4

Call manager can send the originating partys CLI on a forwarded call but I'm not sure it can for a transfered call. Set the Calling party selection to be the originator.

Like I said Not sure about for transfered calls which is what you have when Unity is redirecting them. I doubt you can do this though as the new call leg is set up by a unity port and so the Unity port CLI will be sent to the PBX as the calling party, even though Unity then completes the transfer and hangs up. Because Call manager then can't signal to the PBX the connected party CLI (the caller) it can't change the CLI being sent. This may change in 3.3 with Q.sig but I wouldn't hold your breath.

paul

Yeah, the Calling Party Selection field on the gateway config page only applies for calls that are forwarded without being answered. That feature does not apply to calls that are answered and then transferred. As far as I know there is no way to do what you're asking, at least not until CallManager supports sending the Connected Number IE for PRI gateways.

notcreative
Level 1
Level 1

You may have gotten a work around in place but in case, we had the same issue. Using Unity as an AA killed all caller ID. We worked on this forever and finally got confirmation from TAC that it was functioning as designed... joy. To solve the issue, we put in place a CRS server and setup the AA as a CRS script. CM is now responsible for routing calls to either legacy system via PRI or IP systems via network. All is happy with caller ID. The only caveat we found was CRS did not function properly with ActiveDirectory on dial-by-name so we pass it to Unity therefore anyone calling through dial-by-name will not send caller ID but that is a minimal amount.

Thanks for the follow up! I am going to look into this more. Sounds lke the answer.

ps, my daughter just got a build-a-bear monkey from Nana the other day. Monkey pinkey is her name!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: