Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Caller-id shows from 9

I have a 2651XM running 12.2.15(ZJ3) with an NM-HDA with 4-FXS and 8-FXO interfaces. The FXS ports are not being used. Seven of the 8 FXO interfaces are connected to CO lines that have caller-id enabled. I am running CCM 3.3.3. Most of the time caller-id information displays properly on the IP Phone sets. Occassionally the caller-id display on the IP Phone sets would say "From 9". I located a document on CCO that said to use the Station-ID name/number command to stop the reverse dial-peer lookup from picking the destination pattern on the pots dial-peer. I implemented this using "Station-ID name Unknown Caller". At first this seemed to solved the problem. However I still get notified by users that they still see "From 9" as caller-id. I thought about trying the Station-ID number command with wildcards (*,#,etc.. are supported), but I cannot locate any information as to the use of each wildcard.

I would like to know if anyone has used these wildcards to solve a similar problem, or if I am missing something in my configuration. I am including one voice port, one pots and one voip peer from my config as a reference.

voice-port 1/0/4

input gain -3

no comfort-noise

timing hookflash-out 50

connection plar 5480

description Line 5480

station-id name Unknown Caller

caller-id enable

dial-peer voice 5480 voip

incoming called-number .

destination-pattern 5480

session target ipv4:10.208.208.2

dtmf-relay cisco-rtp h245-signal h245-alphanumeric

codec g711ulaw

no vad

dial-peer voice 9104 pots

preference 1

destination-pattern 9

port 1/0/4

forward-digits all

Thanks!!!

5 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Caller-id shows from 9

Your best solution would be to add another pots dial-peer and place it on top of all the other dial-peers. You may have to rearrange your dial-peers.

dial-peer voice 1111 pots

incoming called_number .

port 1/0/4

Add these dial-peer for all the seven FXO pots. What it will do is all incoming pots calls will match this dial-peer; and when a call comes in without a caller-id, it will no longer send 9 as the caller-id. No caller-id will be sent for calls that donot have callerid from pstn. The IP Phone will display Unknown External Number.

You can remove the station-id name command from your voice-port.

Thanks,

Partha

Partha,

Thanks for your response. Would it be possible to integrate the incoming called-number . on all of the current POTS peers instead of creating a new one for each port? Or is there a reason not to use it on the peers?

Thanks again!

Adam

Partha,

I tried this in my lab, and still get the same results. Regardless of how I arrange the dial-peers I still get From 9. The only way I can make it work is to change the destination-pattern to "." instead of 9. This would work in most situations, but I have another pots dial-peer with a destination-pattern of 7 so the principal can have a dedicated line. So, incoming calls without caller-id on his line say From 7. There must be another way.

Thanks!!!

Adam

Silver

Can you please add this (notice the T):

dial-peer voice 1111 pots

incoming called_number .T

port 1/0/4

Here's also a good explanation:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.eea5633/0#selected_message

I tried and it did work for me. Let me know the result.

Partha,

Seems to have done the trick.

Thanks!!!

Adam

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content