Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

caller id telco battle; caller id goes out telco changes

running toll bypass site A makes a call to the outside world that is local to site B. External phone number mask is sent from site A through the network to the gateway at site B. It then hits the PRI and running debug isdn q931 i see that the correct caller id is being pushed out. However, when the call goes through it has a CID of site B.

Site B is using ISDN primary-5ess to connect to telco.

I do know that this can be done as when I reverse the process and site B can push the DID that is associated to it through the PRI at site A.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can get telco to make the change needed?

3 REPLIES

Re: caller id telco battle; caller id goes out telco changes

Are calls local originating from site B sending the external number mask to the gateway, and are these calls overwritten by telco as well?

I know over here in Aus that the telco we're using will not allow us by default to push a CID number out a BRI where the number isn't in the range of number assigned to the BRI (make sense??). If we do push out a number not in an associated range, it just defaults to a 'root' number for the CID even though .

I know on discussions with the telco that they can change this, but I'm sure there's some legality Q's in regards to pushing out a CID from another site, more in relation to dialling emergency services. Still discussing that one with them.

Not sure if this helps you in any way, but the info may be useful.

Hi,

I guess it depends on the equipment the Telco uses, and what billing platforms they have.

If you i.e. use site B gateway, and use site A CID,

the (Telco)billing platform might think it's a Toll Call if it looks at CID and dialed number...

Si it could be complex, just talk to the Telco to see what the possibilites are.

Views
Helpful
Replies