Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID

apadayhag
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to activate caller ID on the 3660 router with IOS 12.2 so that the calling number will register on the ip phones. I already have the configurations but I haven't tried it yet, before doing it I want to make sure if my configurations are correct. Do you have any configurations so that I can compare mine? And are there configurations that need to be done at the CallManager?

Thanks,

Arvin

7 Replies 7

rchapee
Level 1
Level 1

It depends on what type of GW...H323 or MGCP...are you using analog or T1's.

*** www.iptnetworkers.com ***

Hi,

I'm using MGCP and FXO voice interface cards.

Arvin

if you have the service from the phone compnay and the newer fxo wic that suppoer callerid the it will just come through. there is nothing special to turn it on especially if you are running mgcp it is just built in.

hope this helps

Scott

Hi,

I have the service from the phone company, I tested it with a normal phone with callerID display, but it's not working???

What is this newer FXO interface??? what can I do to check if I have the good one??

I read that on MGCP with FXO port the callerID is not supported??? it's not right now??

Thanks

Marquis

Hi,

Whitch version of the IOS on the VG200?? Whitch version off the CCM???

Because on my side it is not working...

Thanks

Marquis

pacameron
Level 4
Level 4

Caller ID through FXO ports when running MGCP backhaul signalling to the CM is not currently supported. You need to run the gateway in H323 mode and then the CLID will come through.

Hi,

This is the configuration that I have and it's not working?? Does it ned's a special FXO interface?? special IOS or config???

Thanks

Marquis

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: