cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID

Fady Hwalla
Level 1
Level 1

How to get the name of the caller? i saved lots of contacts and still when they call, i can not see their names showing, how can I do that?

Thanks

and how i would be able to syncronize between exchange contacts and IP Telephony contacts?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

There's an application that you can download from the ccm plugins page to synchronize your outlook with your personal directory.

When it comes to caller ID, that's not a ccm feature. It's not a feature on other PBX systems I'm familiar with. Keep in mind the difference between having a directory that you can access before calling somebody, so essentially it's pull based stuff, and resolving a caller to a name (push based). PBXes can only show on the phone what they get from an incoming call.. for internal calls, if the caller has a name associate to it the PBX will get both and can show you, but for an external case that'll never be the case. So that means you need a third party application that watches over your phones, and whenever an external call comes in, it first looks up who's currently logged into the phone (or who owns it), then searches for that number in the person's personal directory and finally pushes the result on screen. Such a push will likely be a CiscoIPPhoneText so it hides the regular screen - that's basically the only option how something like that can work.

the application from the ccm plugins is not working for some reason:

does it make a problem if the IP Telephony are on different LAN than our LAN? there is a routing between them and they can see each other but this plugin is not working, anyone knows why?

Thanks