Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Caller ID

I was informed by our PRI provider that a PRI with a Callmanager still can only show a single outbound caller id which is the mainline attached. Is this true? We were informed originally that we can show the outbound caller id of the ip phone calling out. We are currently using an h323 gateway (2621 router).

Thanks.

3 REPLIES
Blue

Re: Caller ID

Incorrect! We can do it either way. You can specify in your outgoing route pattern (as well as the phone itself or the gateway) what caller id you will be sending out. In router pattern config make sure "Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask" is not selected and in the "Calling Party Transform Mask" field you would enter something like 888999XXXX So for example extension 5000 dials outbound, caller id would be sent out as 8889995000

Hi, the CallManager can do any of the things mentioned, so you can get as granular (or general) as you want from your side.

However, you must also work with the PRI provider to make sure they are setting appropriately on their side to accept what you are sending. Providers I have worked with have had these options (again, these are only from my experience):

-- Fixed value (i.e. ignore my setting)

-- Accept my setting if it is in the range of DIDs assigned to me; override with a general setting like above if I send calling party outside of my range

-- Accept my setting with no override (i.e. I could send some bogus number)

Eric

Thank you for the responses. I will check with the PRI provider again and will get them to take off the fixed value.

Views
Helpful
Replies