Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

caller information displayed on the phone

hi,

i want to deploy a phone service, where i can display caller information (i.e. name, phone-number, company, etc) on the display. in my opinion i have to get the caller id (but how is the caller id transfered, respectively how can captur the id?), then compare the id with the phone numbers stored in my database. to display the information related to the phone number is not a prob! can anyone give me a tip?

thx in advance, jochen

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
3 REPLIES

Re: caller information displayed on the phone

Through the use of Cisco CallManager IP Phone services SDK, and JTAPI SDK, you can develop a service that does this. There are JTAPI events that display the calling number information. Then do a quick DB search of your database and push to the phone using XML.

Is there any sample source code for this available? Just the basics of connecting to the CallManager via JTAPI, registering for JTAPI events and setting up a listener for the callstate events would definitely help jumpstart some people (least of all, myself).

I am trying to do the exact same thing (having some info pushed to the phone on an incoming call), and would really appreciate any source code samples that might help getting me started (the two samples included with the JTAPI sdk perform other functionalitym and I have looked at those).

JTAPI and/or TAPI sample source code would be more than welcome.

thanks,

Tom.

Silver

Just recently Thierry Berwart posted some sample code that resolved a similar problem.

See the thread "How to get ANI in a service?", or follow this link

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.ee95cca

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.