Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Caller information

Got a call manager 3.2 sitting behind a Siemens Hicom 300E PBX which front-ends all calls from the public network.

Here is my problem: caller id information that comes in with calls to the Seimens does not carry over if you transfer a call from the Siemens to the Call Manager (the reverse is also true, but I don't want to complicate the issue here.) IP phones just show the extension or DID of the Siemens phone that the call was transferred from. The gateway between the two switches is a VG200 using PRI. I've monkeyed around with all the settings that seem to apply, both in the CM and in the gateway programming, but no luck.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Caller information

we have the same problem with our system connected to a Siemens Realitis, if you solve this problem can you post it here.

Community Member

Re: Caller information

This is out of the "Troubleshooting Cisco IP Telephony book".

If the call is through a Cisco IOS gateway using H.323 protocol, you must be running 12.2(5) or later. You must also enable ToSendH225UserInfoMsg CallManager Service parameter in CallManager Administration (Service>Service Parameter). You should set it to 2 if you are using 12.2(8)T5 or later. If you are using an IOS version prior to 12.2(8)T5, ssrt the value to 1.

CreatePlease to create content