Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Caller Input and Transfer

I am running CallManger 3.0(11) and Unity 2.46 Build 126 and TSP 32. I am trying to attempt transfer from a subscribers mail box via the "1" key to an external subscriber ie. Cell Phone. When I attempt to apply caller input I am able to transfer to several external numbers (cell Phone, etc). When I try to apply caller input and transfer a call to random cell phone numbers, it will transfer, but if the external cell phone user does not answer, Unity will take the call back and prompt "Please Enter Your Password". I do not have a supervised transfer going on it is release to switch. <br><br>

3 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Caller Input and Transfer

If you're doing a release, we aren't "taking the call back"
the Call Manager is bouncing it back to us. I'll bet if you open the StatusMonitor.exe (under commserver\techtools) and view all ports, you'll see the call go out on one port and slam back in as a new call later when the cell phone call is not answered.

Can you see in the CallViewer (under the Unity program group) what information is coming in on that new call when it boomberangs back on us? I'm guessing it'll be a direct call and the calling number will correspond to a user's ID.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

This is what I get when I generate Call Viewer. The way I set it up is that if a user does caller input on a subscribers mailbox it will "Attempt Transfer" to another subscriber mail box (refering to cell phone). This cell phone mail box is "Forward all" to 96122109095. The phone I called from is 16274 and the individuals phone that we are doing caller input on is 12120. The cell phone subscriber account is 18022.

I took out any information from the CallViewer log that was not needed.

"Call #","Origin","Reason","Trunk ID","Port ID","Dialed Number","Calling Number","Forwarding Station"
"1","Internal","Fwd(Ring no answer)","0","4","12120","16274","12120"

"3","Internal","Fwd(Ring no answer)","0","5","6122109095","16274","6122109095"

Anonymous
N/A

Couple of things here...

It looks like we are letting the call go and it is slamming in on another port like I thought, so that's good. It shows as a forwarding call here but I'm betting we got a "correction" packet which indicated it was really a direct call (this is OK, but the call viewer doesn't show this, which can be confusing).

I'm assuming also that you've set your routing rules back to defaults (using ConfigMgr...) if you had a previous version of Unity and did the routing rule hack.

If that's the case and this really is a direct call, and the calling number IS reported as 16274, we are supposed to log you in as the subscriber that owns 16274.

I guess my next question is what do you want to happen here? If you try this from an external phone or an internal phone that's not setup as a unity subscriber, you'll get the opening greeting presumably (have you tried this?).

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content