cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller input before greeting finished?

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I'm looking for the setting that would allow a caller to transfer out of a subscribers personal greeting before the greeting was finished. I have a customer who wants the ability to 0 out to the operator before the greeting has completed. I thought this could be accomplished by locking the 0 key in caller input under the subscribers personal settings. Thanks.<br><br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

Sure... you can do this. You can have the 0 mapped to go to the operator (it's this way by default) or you can allow them to dial an extension directly from the greeting.

"Locking" the key simply means Unity will take action on it right away without waiting around to see if the user is going to enter more digits that make up an extension. If you locked key "8" down, for instance, a user would never be able to dial extension 8114 from the greeting since it would act on the 8 right away. If you didn't lock the 8 when the user dialed 8 we wait a second or two (adjustable) to see if more digits are coming. If not we act on the 8 key mapping if so we continue collecting digits until the time out kicks in or a # is entered to terminate the imput and then we go look to see if we know that extension or not.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: