Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller input not allowed from external phone.

CM 3.12c<br>UM 2.4.6.135<br>TSP 3.0.2.0<br><br>If I dial an extension and get transferred to Unity (be it a voice mail box or call handler), I can type in numbers, etc and Unity recognizes that as caller input. If I dial in from an outside line and get transferred to Unity (again, voice mail or call handler), it will not recognize ANY caller input. I have tested with different call handlers (like the default Interview, etc) and none of them recognize input from an external phone.<br><br>Any answers as to why? Is there a router or CM setting that would stop this?<br><br>

3 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Caller input not allowed from external phone.

Answer found. It was on the router.

I am using H323 and needed to add "dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric" to each "dial-peer voice <#> voip" configuration.

Oh the thinks you can think, if only someone helps you out . . .

Thanks for posting this. Hope the answer helps others (my local SE answered this one).

Anonymous
N/A

I'm embarrassed . . .

I searched this forum and now that I have the answer, I found out that I didn't search hard enough for the answer. It was here the whole time. Further proof of how good this forum really is . . .

Thanks again.

Anonymous
N/A

I was going to mention that... thanks for following up! You're absolutely right!

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content