cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

caller input to call handler problem

joshw
Level 1
Level 1

I have the opening greeting setup to press 1 to goto another call handler. When number 1 is pressed, I get a message saying sorry this system is temporarily unable to complete your call and it hangs up. My opening greeting caller input option 2 is transferring to a different call-handler with no problem. any ideas?

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's probably an issue with the call handler you have 1 setup to go to, not your opening greeting configuration. I'll be the owner or the recipient of the target call handler is missing (i.e. you had it setup for a user or DL that's now no longer in the system). That's the most common problem I see here...

you can check the Application event log for errors when you get the failsafe conversation there - it will say why the conversation booted you out and confirm. You can also download the latest dbWalker version from www.CiscoUnityTools.com and run it - it'll fiind most handler configuration problems, although my money is on the administrator/recipient link being broken.

It turns out that the callhandler I was trying to tranfer to had no message recepient assigned. I added a distribution list and everything is fine. Thanks for the help.

josh